CAPRIS 50-100 & CAPRIS 50-100PCS
Entry Level UV Laser Wire Markers
The world's favourite laser wire marking system - over 200 sold in 28 countries!
The CAPRIS 50-100 is a radical development in UV solid state laser wire marking technology, featuring all the benefits of Spectrum’s market leading CAPRIS wire markers packaged into a bench top system. Designed for the processing of single core wires and multicore cables employed in the aerospace and other key industries, the CAPRIS 50-100 provides mark, measure and cut capabilities for wires from 26 AWG up to 6 AWG. The system is designed for total simplicity: data is input via the membrane key pad and wires are easily loaded for processing; wire changes require no alteration to the wire transport or marking system.
The CAPRIS 50-100 is the original bench-top laser wire marker having been developed specifically to provide an affordable replacement to hot stamp wire marking, which is considered an aggressive marking process and unsuitable for current thin walled aerospace wires in particular.
Marking a single character at a time, the CAPRIS 50-100 provides maximum print flexibility, allowing for potentially an unlimited number of characters per identification code in both horizontal and vertical print formats.
The system employs solid state laser technology and requires no day to day consumables and only simple routine maintenance. Significant cost benefits are achieved by comparison to the use of direct ink marking methods and sleeve markers, through increased system utilisation and productivity, reduced set up and maintenance times, reduced consumable usage and the availability of production aids, which further increase productivity and reduce labour costs.
CAPRIS 50-100 brings UV laser wire marking equipment costs down to the level of hot stamp wire markers for the first time. In addition the direct wire and cable identification costs are about 1% of those of heat shrink sleeve identification methods.
Typical applications include aircraft maintenance and modification centres, low volume harness production, cellular manufacturing and rework.
- Non aggressive UV laser marking, no insulation damage
- Complies with SAE AS50881, no need for insulation integrity testing after marking
- Ultimate mark performance resists hot hydraulic fluid, fuel, abrasion
- No pre or post treatment of wire, identification marks remain clear and legible in service
- Highly legible print - ergonomic font complies fully with SAE ARP 5607 "Legibility of Print on Aerospace Wires and Cables"
- Fully integrated mark measure and cut system, simple system set-up, optional connection to host database
- Universal anvil accommodates full range of wire and cable diameters - no set up
- Rapid wire changeover in less than 30 seconds
- No day to day consumables
- Speeds downstream harness manufacture, reduces errors
- Simplifies manufacturing, increasing productivity and reduces costs
- Low direct operating costs
To download a copy of the CAPRIS 50-100 & C50-100PCS brochure, click here.
For a copy of the full technical specification, please contact us.
You can also see a video of this system in action on our YouTube page.
For a shortlist of our customers as well as a review of aircraft programmes using CAPRIS UV laser wire markers, please visit our CAPRIS Customers page.
***Please note that from 1 June 2011 all CAPRIS 50-100 system PCs will be supplied with Windows 7.***