Two New Products at Wire Processing Expo, Milwaukee 2012
16 Apr 2012
Spectrum Technologies PLC is set to launch two new products at the Milwaukee Electrical Wire Processing Technology Expo in May - the SIENNA 800 DUO and NovaMaX™. See us at booth 1629 for live demonstrations.
The SIENNA 800 series brings new capabilities to the standard SIENNA range with the introduction of high speed scanning optics for the single sided ablation of a variety of insulation materials on a stationary tooling plate.
The DUO version of this series incporporates two different laser sources resulting in one machine that is capable of fulfilling a number of different end applications, including:
- Stripping of enameled magnet wire, flat laminated cables (FLCs) and other products where the insulation is bonded to the conductor
- Scribing metal shields
- Marking of metal surfaces
- R&D applications
- A process area of 120mm by 120mm (4.7" x 4.7")
- Strip position accuracy of +/- 0.1mm (0.004")
- Integrated PC control with USB port
- Touch screen, graphical HMI
- Dual wavelength laser source
- Optional rotary jig
NovaMaX is a high specification system for accurately measuring and cutting wire and cable with outside diameters up to 15mm / 0.75 inch - larger than most wire marking systems can handle.
Importantly the system includes features not found on simpler measure and cut systems as well as options for integration with a range of peripheral wire processing aids to create a complete solution for preparing cut-to-length wire and cables that cannot be run through a laser or other wire marking system.
Wires may be dereeled from a single dereeler or wire tree, fed through MaX, and collected in a motorised coiling pan after processing. The pneumatic shear ensures clean cutting of large gauge cables and a controlled acceleration and wire pull mechanism maintains high length accuracy of -0%/+0.5%, especially when being used with a wire tree.
- Processes wire & cable up to 15mm OD (0.6")
- Accuracy of -0%/+0.5%
- Table top design
- Simple wire loading to save time when processing many wire types
- Motorised coil pan to give uniform coiling
- Pneumatic shear to ensure clean cutting of large gauge wires
- Controlled wire pull for maintaining length accuracy
- Up to 20 m/min (65 ft/min) pull through
- Controlled acceleration for use with wire tree - avoids over-tensioning smaller wires
- Standard CAPRIS/Nova PC interface for programming jobs
Optional wire processing accessories:
- Wire tree
- Knot and splice detector
- Sleeve printer
- Label printer
- Coil & tie system
- Built-in tension monitor
The SIENNA 800 Duo and NovaMaX will be launched at the Wire Processing Technology Expo in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on 9-10 May, booth 1629, and will be available to order from May 10, 2012.
To find out more about the Wire Processing Technology Expo, please visit the website, here. To waive the $15 entry fee, register today by clicking here.