A manual Nova 880 system with a single station dereeler and rereeler
Top of the range Nova 880 from the Nova 800 series with auto-select and load system and 30 station dereeler as sold to Boeing major harness prodcution facilities in the USA.
Nova 880 auto with 32 station dereelers
Nova 880 with stacker
Nova 880 – Super High Speed Laser Wire & Cable Marking & Processing System
Introducing a new era in high performance UV solid state laser wire marking systems…
The Nova 880 is the top-of-the-range Nova system and is the highest speed UV laser wire marking system available on the market with performance better than the CAPRIS 100. The Nova 880 is the UV laser wire marker of choice for ultra-high volume wire marking applications.
Nova 880 wire markers can be configured either as a manual system with a single powered dereeler for manual wire changeover and set-up; or alternatively as an automated system coupled with a range of new Nova automated wire handling options to maximise the productivity of the system.
The automated Nova 880 includes a completely new and innovative high speed wire Auto Select and Loading (ASL) system and new multi-station dereeling systems. These enable the system to be preloaded with up to 32 wires or cables, reducing the overall set up and wire changeover time to just a few seconds, allowing use of optimum manufacturing methods to maximise productivity.
For more details on available automation options please refer to the Wire Handling & Accessories pages.
The Nova 880 incorporates a new enhanced laser beam delivery system that maximises wire marking speed and throughput, giving it the highest speed and performance of any laser wire marking system currently available by a wide margin.
Nova 800 Series Attributes
The Nova 800 range offers the following key new attributes:
- Range of performance with models to suit all needs
- Highest throughput and productivity with Nova 880, especially for longer wire segments and longer character labels
- Maximum number of wires handled by the automated version (up to 32) allowing rapid set up and processing of more wire types for manufacturing the most complex wiring harnesses
- Fastest wire changeover with Nova ASL (6 seconds) allows wires to be processed efficiently and automatically and grouped by connector, in place of subsequent manual sorting – facilitates lean manufacturing methods
- Maximum system reliability and mark quality combined with minimum running costs
- Upgradeability – Thanks to its modular design Nova systems are fully upgradeable, so as your volumes increase and your business grows so can your Nova system!
Nova 880 Benefits
- Non aggressive UV laser marking, no insulation damage
- Ultimate mark performance resists hydraulic fluid, fuel, abrasion (see Laser Wire Marking Technology)
- No pre or post treatment of wire, identification marks remain clear and legible in service
- Simple system set-up, optional connection to host database
- Universal anvil accommodates full range of wire and cable diameters – no set up
- No day to day consumables
- Bar code wire marking capability
- Speeds downstream harness manufacture and reduces errors
- Simplifies manufacturing, increasing productivity and reducing costs
Nova 880 Standard Features
- Fully integrated mark measure and cut system
- Enhanced laser beam delivery maximises system throughput and productivity, especially for longer wire segments and longer character labels
- Proprietary 355nm solid state UV YAG laser – Class 1 laser product for use on open shop floor
- Manual or automated wire loading system
- 12″ (30 cm) coiling pan with motion sensor actuator
- Precision character mask with unlimited life & 10 year warranty
- Highly legible print – ergonomic font complies fully with SAE ARP 5607 “Legibility of Print on Aerospace Wires and Cables”
- KSD2 digital and optical knot and splice detector
- Front-end trim clamp (on manual system only)
- Main code with 2 source and 2 destination code marking
- 4 print sizes in 2 orientations with automatic changeover
- Processes 28 AWG – 6 AWG wires and cables: 6″ (15cm) – 3,250 ft (999m)
- Built-in energy monitor
- 17 “(43 cm) Touch screen, with Nova operating software and PC
- Built-in heat management system for operation at ambient temperatures of up to 35ºC (up to 40 ºC is optional)
- System upgradeable in the field from manual to automated system configurations.
Bar Code Marking
All models in the Nova 800 series are capable of performing bar code marking onto wire and cable, although this is an option.
CAPRIS Bar Code Marking Characteristics
- Bar code type USS39 (Bar Code 39), full alphanumeric character set
- Narrow bar width (X): 0.22mm (and inter-character gap)
- Wide/Narrow ratio (N): 3
- Maximum data density: 3.0 characters per cm; 7.7 characters per inch
- Maximum number of characters per bar code: 17*
- Check sum enabled as default
- Options for other bar code types available
*: 17 = number of data characters (excluding Start, Stop bit and Checksum character).