Spectrum Technologies Ltd is a professional and environmentally conscious organisation, which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment. The clear objective of Spectrum Technologies Ltd is to minimise any impact on the environment by:
- Preventing pollution, reducing waste and ensuring that wherever practical, measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna.
- Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community.
- Taking action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts.
- Promoting environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by implementation of operational procedures.
- Seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner.
- Ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting.
- Deploy a strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Conserve natural resources, including energy sources, water and virgin raw materials.
- Limit the use of chemicals and processes that pose a risk to health or the environment.
- Limit waste production and recycle and reuse materials.
- Adopt an eco-design approach for new products.
Spectrum Technologies Ltd will fully comply with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of Statutory Legislation, whilst at all times complying with, as a matter of best practice, the requirements and duties set out within Approved Guidance as issued by the Environment Agency and other organisations.
Spectrum Technologies Ltd will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective preventative control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfill the requirements of this policy.
The Directors have overall responsibility for all environmental matters. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain current and applicable to Spectrum Technologies Ltd activities. This policy has been endorsed by the board of directors who give their full support to the implementation of the policy