Nova 840i – Medium-High Volume UV Laser Wire Marker
Introducing a new era in high performance UV solid state laser wire marking systems…
The Nova 840i is the new mid-speed product in the Nova range. It replaces the Nova 840 as the UV laser wire marker of choice for medium to high volume wire marking applications, offering enhanced productivity and technical features.
Nova 840i wire markers can be configured either as a manual system with single or multi station unpowered dereelers for manual wire changeover and set-up; or alternatively as an automated system coupled with a range of new Nova automated wire handling options to maximise the productivity of the system.
The automated Nova 840i includes a completely new and innovative high speed wire Auto Select and Loading (ASL) system and new multi-station unpowered dereeling systems. These enable the system to be preloaded with up to 32 wires or cables, reducing the overall set up and wire changeover time to just a few seconds, allowing use of optimum manufacturing methods to maximise productivity.
Nova wire markers comply with all key OEM aerospace specifications and international standards, including SAE AS 5649 and ASD EN4650, “Wire and cable marking process, UV laser”.
Nova 840i Benefits
New Nova systems offer the following enhanced technical features:
- Range of performance with models to suit all needs.
- Mark flexibility and quality – Nova 800i systems offer the ultimate in print flexibility with unlimited character sets, upper and lower case marking, variable font sizes, logos and linear and 2D machine readable code marking.
- Lowest cost of ownership – the Nova 800i series offers a major improvement in the performance cost ratio and capabilities – the most cost effective products on the market with minimal consumable parts required.
- Upgradeability – the Nova 800i series are designed on a modular basis and are easily upgradable in the field to provide faster marking and/or fully automated wire handling systems that are able to process up to 32 different wires.
- Highest throughput and productivity – the Nova 800i ASL system provides rapid wire changeover of wires that can be processed efficiently, automatically and then grouped by connector, in place of subsequent manual sorting. System beam setup time is reduced through software providing alignment within a Class 1 environment. Wire processing throughput is significantly increased through a controlled reduction in laser readiness time.
- Increased capability – the Nova 800i series, through a combination of software and hardware design, provides the customer with the option of a wide range of capabilities from character marking, system monitoring and performance traceability.
Nova 840i Standard Features:
- High performance Diode Pumped Solid State UV laser technology
- Direct write scanning character creation
- Knot and splice detection system
- Built in energy monitor
- Measure and cut capabilities for non-markable wires
- Manual or automated wire loading system
- Single powered coiling pan
- Processes 28 AWG – 6 AWG wires and cables, from 6″ (15cm) – 3,250 ft (999m)
- System upgradeable in the field to Nova 860i or Nova 880i standard and/or from manual to automated system configurations