SIENNA 800 Duo & FMWS
The SIENNA™ 800 series is a range laser wire strippers with high speed scanning optics for the high speed ablation of wire and cable insulations.
This type of system is particularly suitable for insulations that are bonded to the conductor and/or are very difficult to remove by hand, such as those found on flexible flat cables (FFCs) and flat laminated cables (FLCs).
The 800 series tooling offers a process area of up to 120 mm x 120 mm (4.7″ x 4.7″) and is easy to insert and remove for repeatable processing. The material to be stripped or ablated is processed from above and an optional rotating jig is available to turn the part over to process the underside.
The 800 series is controlled by an integrated PC, delivering strip accuracies of +/-0.1mm (0.004), colour touch-screen and graphical HMI with USB port to ensure the equipment is simple to operate.
The SIENNA 800 has been designed so that one of three different laser types can be integrated into the system depending on the application:
- standard insulation removal;
- scribing of metal shields;
- ablation of enamel coated fine magnet wire.
The SIENNA 800 Duo version of this machine contains two laser sources – a 50 Watt CO2 and a 30 Watt scriber. The result is one machine that is capable of fulfilling a number of different end applications, including stripping of enameled magnet wire, flat laminated cables (FLCs) and other products where the insulation is bonded to the conductor; scribing metal shields; marking of metal surfaces and many other applications.
Key features and benefits of the SIENNA 800 series
- High accuracy levels: +/- 0.1mm (0.004″)
- Large process areas of up to 120 mm x 120 mm (4.7″ x 4.7″), depending on application
- PC controlled with colour touch-screen HMI for fast programming
- Large job store memory
- Password protection access at different levels
- Simple to set-up and maintain
- Choice of laser type and power depending on application (contact Spectrum to discuss and to check availability):
– Standard stripping
– Shield scribing
– Fine magnet wire enamel removal (FMWS)
- “Duo” version with two different laser sources for improved flexibility
- Optional rotary jig
To comply with health and safety requirements, air exhaust must be provided when using any laser wire stripper. If this is not available in your factory, Spectrum’s ACS-5 systems remove all smoke, odours, particles and fumes from the laser stripping area and return clean air to the room.
If you are unsure which SIENNA system is best suited to your application we would be very happy to process your samples in our lab and make recommendations. Alternatively please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your requirement.